Tuesday, June 9, 2015

MEMORIES

As a kid in the '60s I had a serious crush on Burt Ward as Robin in the classic TV series.  The episodes were shown on two successive nights each week, and in the  hours between my head was filled with dreams in which I was Alfred, the dignified English butler, left in charge of young master Robin's behavior while Batman was away on (Bat) Business.  And of course there was misbehavior--back-talking Aunt Harriet, neglecting his Latin  homework, and finally being caught red-handed sneaking a smoke in the Bat Cave!
"Holy 3-Alarm-Fire, Alfred" he whines after I apply the Bat Paddle repeatedly  to his bare Bat Rump. "I won't pull that kind of stunt again" he promises. "See that you don't, young man", I intone, "Now let's see about that Latin!"



No comments:

Post a Comment